- We climbed a mountain!
We climbed Mt. Daniel in Pender Harbour, a hike we’ve done several times before. This time Peter and I decided we were going to encourage Rose to hike as much of it as she could. Rose is 3 and a half and a perfectly capable walker and hiker. But she loves to be carried and usually ends up riding in the kid backpack. If I’m being honest, we often give in to end the whining. This time, we planned ahead, and set timers and landmarks and used some motivational treats along the way. And Rose made it! It took an hour and forty-five minutes up to the peak (it usually would take 45-60 minutes) but she made it. At the time she told me, “I’m proud of myself” and we are so proud of her too. (Peter carried her on the way down.)
It was an absolutely gorgeous spring day and we stopped for lunch in Madeira Park (Triple B’s makes the best burgers on the Coast, if you’re ever in that neighbourhood) and playtime at the park.
- On my way out the door I snapped this picture of my hiking boots:
- We topped off our day with a hot dog roast at the beach with friends. Now that we’re allowed to gather (outdoors) with others again, we are thrilled to be able to meet and play with our friends and neighbours who were in our bubble last year.
- These sisters. It’s been so nice for them to have time together all day over spring break. Yes, we mediate a lot of disagreements but they love being together and I love their friendship.
- Peter and I finished the second season of The Mandalorian this week and have started re-watching the most recent trilogy. I haven’t seen Episode IX so we’ve started with Episode VII, which we watched when it was released.
- And a few random snapshots from the week: