- This is already old news, I guess, since Easter was a week ago but I can’t resist an opportunity to share some cute pictures and it was technically a highlight of this week:
- Hand-me-downs! This is a form of recycling that makes me happy. We have some generous friends who have passed clothes from their daughters down to Pearl and then from Pearl to Rose. Things that our girls have outgrown and that are still in good shape get passed along to friends with smaller daughters. I couldn’t say how much money we’ve saved through this as well as saving clothes from the landfill. Plus, I love seeing my girls’ little things on our friends’ cute little girl! Along with that, six-year-old fashion:
- More vaccines! Canada’s vaccine roll-out has been less than perfect and our COVID numbers are going up every day. BUT…more and more people around us are getting their vaccines, including many of our family members. Both my parents and Peter’s are now booked in or have already had their first shots which is wonderful. I’ve heard of people having “vaccination envy” and I can understand that, seeing as my own appointment is likely still months away. But every person around me who gets their own shot is a person who keeps me safe until I can get mine. So thank you!
- First laundry line of the year!
- April is C-Section Awareness Month. I’m not entirely sure we need a whole month to be aware (?) of caesareans but as someone who has given birth both via c-section (Pearl) and VBAC (Rose) I feel like I have some perspective on both experiences. (VBAC = vaginal birth after caesarean) When asked, I usually tell people that the VBAC was more painful but the c-section was harder. In the end, there is no easy way for a baby to exit the human body.
- Sometimes Rose requests books to look at but she doesn’t know their titles. Here are some recent clues she gave us: “The monster with the castle. They live up the hill where the people are.” Or “There’s a boat. And it goes between two walls and there’s grass on the walls.” And because she’s three she gets very upset when we don’t know which book she’s talking about.
- Somewhat on a whim, I have taken on a new project:
We got this chest for free and have kept it outside, storing outdoor toys and tools in it. We’ve been talking about bring it inside so I started sanding it one afternoon while the girls played outside and now we’re going to fix it up a little and bring it indoors.
- Pearl and I had a Saturday date together. We walked to the village together, strolled through the farmers’ market, picked out some treats, and had a drink on an outdoor patio at a local coffee shop. She picked out these flowers at the farmers’ market: