- Rising vaccination rates. When the vaccine passport in BC was announced, I honestly was skeptical that it would make much difference. Surely, everyone who wanted to be vaccinated had already been? Surely, restaurants and sporting events weren’t enough of an incentive if public health and science hadn’t convinced someone? I’m glad to be proven wrong.
- An honest conversation with a good friend. There are so many events and topics and ideas right now that are dividing people and disrupting relationships. I’m realizing just how cautious I’ve become to bring up certain topics with anybody other than my husband because things that might seem straightforward to me or clearly right, aren’t seen the same by others. So even though this is one of my best friends, a woman I care for dearly and spend time with frequently, I think we’ve both avoided certain subjects. But recently, while our kids played down the hall, we got talking about some big stuff and while we still see some things differently, there were a lot of topics where we were on the same page. I don’t think friendship requires the same opinions about everything, but it really made me feel less alone to know that someone else sees and experiences things the way I do.
- Beach Days! The ocean temperature has gotten much colder in recent weeks and the days are getting cooler but we’ve been able to squeeze in some more beach time. This week friends joined us at one of our favourite spots and our kids had a blast paddling around together.
- While I worked an extra day this week, Peter decided to take the kids camping for a night. Over night they had an encounter with a cougar so the highlight of this for me was that everyone came out of it safely. The girls slept through most of it so while they understand they had an adventure, they don’t seem any more concerned about camping or being outside, which is a good thing.
- Friday night was my monthly ladies night. Getting together with these friends is always so good for my soul.
- The following pictures, all taken by Pearl: