Oh hey there! Let’s catch up, shall we?
Here are a bunch of photos:
- Quarantine creations by Peter.
- Letting them live in their pjs, make videos, and watch a LOT of TV so I could rest and survive.
- Dresses and hats from their aunt.
- In case you’re wondering what Rose’s personality is like.
- Out of quarantine and free at last!
- Covid care package sent by my lovely sister-in-law!
- Book character day at school. Pearl dressed up as
- Of course little sister had to get into the pose as well.
- Celebrating Lunar New Year
January got de-railed around here when covid-19 finally hit our household. We had two positive tests and two presumed cases since we were all sick at the same time. Thankfully we were able to manage symptoms and recover at home. I’ve been reluctant to say that it was like a bad flu because I don’t want to feed into the rhetoric that covid isn’t serious but I would say it was up there with the worst flus I’ve experienced. The massive disclaimer is, of course, that we are all generally healthy people without underlying conditions and Peter and I are both fully vaccinated while Pearl has had her first dose.
We are so fortunate to have family and friends who dropped off food and treats and consistently checked in with us. I’m so grateful that we came through it all pretty easily.
I’m also thankful that the timing of it all worked so that I was able to still get away for a night with some friends. We stayed just 20 minutes away at a friend’s parent’s home (they were out of town) but it felt like a little holiday for 4 moms of young children. We tuned into a women’s conference online run by a church in the lower mainland. We ate, listened to 90s pop music, worshipped together, had drinks in the hot tub, and stayed up way too late. In this time when we are not formally part of any church, I realize how much I value my friendships with other Christians and the ability to maintain that community.
As January turns into February we are preparing for a month of celebrations. February holds 2 family birthdays (3 if you include Bella the Dog), as well as Lunar New Year and Valentines Day. I’ll take any excuse to celebrate!